Tuesday, December 04, 2007

eating seasonally

My quest to eat more locally, and to eat what it in season, seems hardly fair when you live in San Diego: I made fresh pasta sauce out of tomatoes and basil I picked from my garden this weekend.  Yum.
My tomatoes are not nearly as bountiful or gigantic as during the summer months, but one should never complain about fresh tomatoes from the garden in December.  I give thanks also for kind people at the church, who shared both persimmons and tomatoes with me last week!
Winter sun, compressed into juicy orbs.  

4 comments:

karen said...

Does this mean their might be some persimmon pudding in my future?

karen said...

There. I meant to say there.

Deb said...

I'm assuming you have, but one should never assume....have you read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Kingsolver. I've just started it and it seems right up your alley...

Molly Vetter said...

Oh, yes! I loved "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle." :)