Thursday, May 10, 2007

the future of ordained ministry

Here's a highlight from today:
A friend told me that her 3-year-old daughter, after having been a part of her baby brother's baptism, has taken to "playing Rev. Molly."


Using am empty plastic bottle to "pour" water on her brother's head, offering shared cups of milk as communion, and praying the Lord's Prayer ReMix ("power and glory hallowed trespasses our father heaven"), she got the part right.

What fun and flattery! My ego soars. And, I'm confident in bold leaders, well into our future.

3 comments:

RevErikaG said...

That rocks!

karen said...

That SOOOOOO rocks!

Teri said...

that's awesome. It reminds me of a story of a 5 year old here who, a couple of weeks after I arrived here, started putting scarves around her neck and walking around her house saying "now I'm like pastor Teri!"
LOL!
hooray for the future of kingdom leadership!